Cookies are essential for the functioning of the Internet, providing innumerable advantages in the provision of interactive services. This document will help you understand the different cookies we use.
1. What are cookies and why do we use them in www.el-monaguillo.com
A cookie is a file that is downloaded to the user's device when accessing certain web pages to store and retrieve information about the navigation that is carried out from said computer.
Cookies allow said website, among other things, to store and retrieve information about the user's decisions and habits. At www.el-monaguillo.com we use them to personalize the experience within our websites, identify and remember the registered user and facilitate navigation.
On the Wikipedia page (http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cookie_(informatics)) it is possible to obtain more information about what with cookies and how they work.
2. What kind of cookies does www.el-monaguillo.com use?
Cookies, depending on their permanence, can be divided into session or permanent cookies. The first ones expire when the user closes the browser. The second ones expire when the objective for which they serve is fulfilled or when they are manually deleted.
Additionally, depending on its purpose, Cookies can be classified as follows:
· Performance Cookies: this type of Cookie remembers your preferences for the tools found in the services, so you do not have to reconfigure the service each time you visit.
· Geolocation cookies: these Cookies are used to find out in which country you are when a web or service is requested. This Cookie is completely anonymous, and is only used to help guide the content to your location.
· Cookies used by external content supplements: this website uses Google Maps to view geographical locations. Its use implies the remission of cookies managed entirely by Google.
· Registration cookies: Registration cookies are generated once the User has registered or subsequently opened their session, and are used to identify you on the web and services with the following objectives:
Keep the user identified so that, if a service or web closes, the browser or the computer and at another time or another day goes back to enter that service or web, it will remain identified, facilitating its navigation without having to be identified again. This functionality can be suppressed if the user presses the "Exit" functionality, so that this Cookie is deleted and the next time it enters the web the user will have to log in to be identified.
Check if the user is authorized to access certain services, such as the shopping cart.
Cookies used by social networks. Additionally, some services may use third party connectors such as Facebook, Twitter or Google+ to allow the user to share with their social circle those contents that are of interest, or to register in a service with credentials of a social network or third party identification system. By doing this, the user authorizes the user to keep a persistent cookie that remembers their identity and guarantees access to the website until it expires. The user can delete this cookie and revoke access to the web through social networks or third party identification system updating their preferences in the social network that specific.
· Analytical Cookies: Each time a User visits a Web or Service, a tool from an external provider (Google Analytics, comScore and similar) generates an analytical cookie on the user's device. This cookie that is only generated during the visit, will serve in future visits to the services of www.el-monaguillo.com to identify the visitor anonymously. The main objectives that are pursued are:
Allow the anonymous identification of navigating users through the "Cookie" (identifies browsers and devices, not people) and therefore the approximate count of the number of visitors and their trend over time.
Identify anonymously the most visited contents and therefore more attractive for users
Know if the user who is accessing is new or repeat visit.
Unless the User decides to register at www.el-monaguillo.com, the cookie will never be associated with any personal data that can identify him. These cookies will only be used for statistical purposes that help optimize the experience of users on the site.
The user can exclude their individual activity through the exclusion systems provided by Google Analytics: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
3. Cookie management
As a complementary guarantee to those previously described, the registration of cookies may be subject to acceptance during the installation or updating of the browser used, and this acceptance may at all times be revoked through the available content and privacy configuration options.
Most browsers currently allow the user to configure if they wish to accept cookies and which ones. These settings are usually found in the 'options' or 'Preferences' menu of your browser.
These are the instructions to configure cookies in the main browsers:
Chrome: Settings -> Show advanced options -> Privacy -> Content settings.
For more information, you can check Google support or browser Help.
Firefox: Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> History -> Custom Settings.
For more information, you can check Mozilla support or browser Help.
Internet Explorer: Tools -> Internet Options -> Privacy -> Configuration.
For more information, you can consult Microsoft support or browser Help.
Safari: Preferences -> Security.
For more information, you can check Apple support or browser Help.
Many browsers allow you to activate a private mode through which cookies are always deleted after your visit. Depending on the browser, this private mode may have different names. Below you will find a list of the most common browsers and the different names of this "private mode":
Internet Explorer 8 and higher; InPrivate Safari 2 and higher; Private Navigation
Opera 10.5 and higher; Private Browsing FireFox 3.5 and higher; Private Navigation
Google Chrome 10 and higher; Incognito
Attention: Please read carefully the help section of your browser to learn more about how to activate the "private mode". You can continue visiting our websites even if your browser is in "private mode", although your browsing through our website may not be optimal and some utilities may not work properly.